Requirements for all Mason Lacrosse Club coaching staff
Coaches are required to register annually with the Mason Lacrosse Club and meet the requirements below, most of which are prerequisites for obtaining a US Lacrosse Coaches Education Program (CEP) Certification. However, holding a US Lacrosse Certification while encouraged, is not required. Use the "Coach Registration & Update" page to the left to register as a coach with the Mason Lacrosse Club. Return to the Coaches Registration and update your certification information as you obtain/renew them.
- Must hold a current/valid US Lacrosse Coaches Membership
- Cost reimbursed by Mason Lacrosse Club.
- Renewed/created during the Mason Lacrosse Club online Coaches Registration process annualy.
- Provides insurance for coaches.
- Must pass the NCSI (National Center for Safety Initiatives) background check
- Cost covered by Mason Lacrosse Club and automatically ordered during the online Coaches Registration process. Mason Lacrosse purchases a group NCSI reporting membership.
- Mason Lacrosse Club requires background check annually.
- Best practice for those interested in obtaining US Lacrosse CEP Certification is to email US Lacrosse at
a copy of your NCSI report.
- Must complete the US Lacrosse Level 1 Online Course (this is not a Level 1 Clinic or a Level 1 Certificate)
- Free of charge for active USL members
- Mason Lacrosse Club requirement to be completed at least once /lifetime
- Click here for USL Level 1 Online Course
- Must Complete the Positive Coaching Alliance "Double Goal Coach-Coaching for Winning & Life Lessons" online course or attend a clinic
- Mason Lacrosse Club requirement to be completed at once /lifetime. Cost reimbursed by the Club.
- If you plan on taking the Level 1 Coaches clinic this year wait to receive instructions from the clinic staff.PCA is included in your level 1 clinic registration. (Saves the club $$$)
- Click here for PCA online course
- Email your the Certificate of Completion for the PCA Course to
- If you need to verify your PCA course and obtain a certificate of completion go to http://www.positivecoach.org/certified-coaches-directory/ and follow the links to enter your name. If you need a certificate of completion for US Lacrosse, print the certification report from the PCA site and email to US Lacrosse at
- Must Complete the free NFHS online Concussion awareness training course
- Renew every three years
- This is a mandate directed by Ohio HB 143
- Click here for free NFHS Concussion in Sports Training
- When your NFHS Online course is completed you will receive a course completion electronic document. The completion date and a copy of the certificate need to be uploaded and archived at our Coaches Registration site. To do so, go to your account and click on your latest coaches registration history. Towards the bottom of the edit page you will find an area to upload your NFHS concussion document and a line to enter the concussion awareness training completion date.
Must Complete the online Sudden Cardiac Arrest awareness information
- Coaches must be 18 years of age or older.
- Attend and participate at hands-on coaches training classes conducted by the Mason Lacrosse Club coaches training coordinators
- Head Coaches must be NYSCA (National Alliance for Youth Sports) certified
- Mason City Parks & Recreation requirement for field use by our club.
- General information can be found by clicking www.nays.com
- Upload NYSCA certification or membership card and expiration date to our Coaches Registration site. To do so, go to your account and click on your latest coaches registration history. Towards the bottom of the edit page you will find an area to upload your NYSCA document and a line to enter the training completion date.
- Minimum coaching compliment per team shall be one Head Coach and two Assistant Coaches all meeting the aforementioned criteria
Mason Lacrosse Club coaching staff is strongly encouraged to:
- Attend and participate in locally offered US Lacrosse Coaching Education Program (CEP) Clinics.
- To complete the US Lacrosse Level 1, Level 2 and/or Level 3 CEP Certification by fulfilling the requirements listed below. Click here for US Lacrosse Certification Information. Many of the component courses are free or fees are covered by the Southern Ohio Chapter of US Lacrosse or by your Mason Lacrosse Club. Mason Lacrosse urges you to take advantage of these generous offerings and get certified.
- View your current coaches certification status at www.uslacrosse.org, log onto "My Account" and click on "My Certifications. If you believe there is an error with your certification then email
Coaching Education Program Certification Requirements
Level 1 certification plus
Level 2 certification plus
|US Lacrosse membership
||US Lacrosse membership
||US Lacrosse membership
|NCSI background check
||NCSI background check
||NCSI background check
|Level 1 online course
||Level 2 online course
||Continuing Education Credits
|Level 1 instructional clinic
||Level 2 instructional clinic
||Level 3 instructional clinic
|PCA "Double Goal Coach 1: Coaching for Winning and Life Lessons"
||PCA "Double Goal Coach 2: Culture, Practice and Games"
|How to Make Proper Contact online course*^
* Men’s coaches only
^ Requirement takes effect Feb. 1, 2014
At the December 2009 Mason Lacrosse Club Board Meeting, the Board voted that we wanted our coaching staff to have lacrosse-specific training for this season and going forward. As our lacrosse program continues to grow, we want to be a leader in the lacrosse community and focus on developing a strong lacrosse program for the kids in the Mason City Schools District. We entered an agreement with US Lacrosse that we would require (at a minimum) ALL Mason Lacrosse Club coaches to take the US Lacrosse Level 1 Online Course.
We understand the importance of quality coaching for the enjoyment and well-being of our players and know that our coaches value their responsibility as role models for the players in our program. In order to achieve that objective, we know that each of you agree that coaches must be able to correctly teach the fundamentals of the game of lacrosse in an age-appropriate manner. We also believe that we have a coaching staff that wants to seek to improve their knowledge of the game and make the Mason Lacrosse Club Program not only a respected program and leader here in the Southwest Ohio area but also in the State of Ohio .
With that being said, we know that we also have a diverse coaching staff of various experience levels. The US Lacrosse On-Line Level 1 course can be taken in your own home, during your own time and at your own pace. For those of you who have coached or played the game, the course will be a quick and easy review. For those of you who have not coached or played the game, the course will provide you with the knowledge you will need to correctly teach the fundamentals of the game to our players.
In return for agreeing to require minimum lacrosse-specific training for all of our coaches, US Lacrosse has agreed to provide this course to ALL of our coaches FREE of charge. It is normally a $30 per person fee. Our agreement with US Lacrosse will save the Club over $1,100. Since you are all registered members of US Lacrosse as coaches for Mason Lacrosse Club, US Lacrosse will automatically notify us electronically when you register to take the course and will also notify us electronically the date you have completed the course.
In order to make sure we have upheld our end of the agreement, PLEASE make sure you complete this course no later than March 1st (Suggestion…please don’t wait until the day or week before…something always comes up.)
Mason Lacrosse Club Board