MASON LACROSSE SEASON
Lacrosse is a spring sport that begins in Feb and typically runs through mid-May. The Mason Lacrosse Club plays against other clubs in the Southern Ohio Chapter of US Lacrosse. Key dates are below:
September - Registration is open during the month of September for the following spring season
Nov/Dec/Jan - Optional indoor practices at Wall 2 Wall in Mason (there is an addtional cost for optional indoor practice. Partcipation is highly encouraged)
Feb - Regular season indoor practices begin
Mar thru May - Regular season games begin
Please see the Girls Equipment/Season Info tab for addtional information
Teams are formed by grade level, skill and the number of registered players. Please refer to the Mason Lacrosse Club Player Assessment and Team Assignment Policy located under the "Club Policies" tab for more extensive information.
Middle School (MS - grades 7/8)
The Mason Middle School girls lacrosse program objective is to prepare all girls to play lacrosse in High School.
- A level MS teams are very competitive teams fielded with players in grades 7 & 8 with experience and strong stick skills
- B level teams are fielded at various skill levels with players in grades 7 & 8 (ranging from "recreational/beginning" through "competitive") based on their experience and stick skills for the purpose of continuing to develop and/or challenge their lacrosse skills.
Youth Teams (3, 4, 5 and 6th grade)
Mason Lacrosse Club evaluates players and assigns them to teams based on the following guidelines from the Southern Ohio Youth Girls Lacrosse Association (SOYGLA) 2012 Program Rules:
- A level teams – will comprise of our best skilled players at both the 5th & 6th grade level and will be a competitive team. Most likely, this team will consist of mostly 6th graders (because most of these girls have more lax experience and have developed their athletic abilities a bit more) but it can and should be expected that advanced skilled 5th graders will also be placed on this team. A-division teams encourage more competitive play with modified checking and are structured by their coaches to win within the philosophy and spirit of the game.
- B level teams - will comprise of predominantly 5th graders and 1st year or developing 6th grade players. B-division teams provide players an opportunity to continue to develop their skills learned at the C/D level, while allowing older girls (6th grade with no, or limited experience) an opportunity to learn the skills and rules of lacrosse at a less competitive level with no checking.
- C level teams – will comprise of both the 3rd & 4th graders. If enrollment allows, players will be divided up evenly into multiple competitive teams to complete in league play. There is no checking allowed at this level.
Instructional Level Teams (Kindergarten Thru 2nd Grade)
Please see K/1/2 Instructional Program tab on the left side of our home page of our website for more information.
Mason Lacrosse Club does not participate with any formal league in regard to our K/1/2 in-house instructional lacrosse program however the coaching staff does coordinate with other local K/1/2 girls programs to run a few 'Round Robin' tournaments.
CLICK HERE - Rules of the Game (from US Lacrosse)
CLICK HERE - to read the US Lacrosse Code of Conduct.
Membership in Mason Lacrosse Club is available to any student (grades K-8) who resides in or attends a school located in the Mason City School District.