MASON LACROSSE SEASON
Lacrosse is a spring sport that begins in Feb and typically runs through mid-May. The Mason Lacrosse Club plays against other clubs in the Southern Ohio Chapter of US Lacrosse. Key dates are below:
September - Registration is open during the month of September for the following spring season
Nov/Dec/Jan - Optional indoor practices at Wall 2 Wall in Mason (there is an addtional cost for optional indoor practice. Partcipation is highly encouraged)
Feb - Regular season indoor practices begin
Mar thru May - Regular season games begin
Please see the Boys Equipment/Season Info tab for additional information
Teams are formed by grade level, skill and the number of registered players. Please refer to the Mason Lacrosse Club Player Assessment and Team Assignment Policy located under the "Club Policies" tab for more extensive information.
Middle School (MS) League Teams (7/8 grade)
- A level teams are competitive MS teams comprised primarily of 8th graders with experience and strong stick skills.
- B level teams are fielded at various levels with players in both grades 7 & 8 (ranging from "recreational/beginning" through "competitive") based on their experience and stick skills for the purpose of continuing to develop and/or challenge their lacrosse skills. B level teams will stress equality of playing time and skill development over competitiveness and comprise primarily of 7th graders.
Youth League Teams (3, 4, 5 and 6th grade)
Instructional Level Teams (grades K, 1 and 2)
- A level teams are competitive teams fielded with players in grades 5 & 6 with experience and stronger stick skills.
- B level teams are fielded with players in grades 5 & 6 by various levels based on their experience and stick skills for the purpose of continuing to both develop and challenge their lacrosse skills.
- C level teams are competitive teams fielded with players in grades 3 & 4 with experience and stronger stick skills.
- D level teams are fielded with players in grades 3 & 4 with little experience and stick skills for the purpose of developing their fundamental lacrosse skills.
Please see tab on home page of website for more details.
CLICK HERE - for Rules of the Game. US Lacrosse boys youth rules follow the boys rules from NFHS with certain exceptions.
2017 rule changes
2016 rule changes
CLICK HERE - to read the US Lacrosse Code of Conduct.
Membership in Mason Lacrosse Club is available to any student (grades K-8) who resides in or attends a school located in the Mason City School District.