GIRLS EQUIPMENT INFORMATION
- 1 Girls Lacrosse Stick
- 1 Colored mouth guard (Not clear or white or with white teeth)
- 1 Pair of Cleat Shoes
- Rubber spikes only (soccer, football or lacrosse cleats will work)
- NO METAL BASEBALL type of cleats
- Approved Goggles or eyewear (wire framed that meet ASTM F803-03 standard)
Click here: Complete and updated list of approved eyewear
*Players must have this mandatory equipment at a minimum to participate
- 1~2 Additional mouth guards (they get dirty, chewed up and lost)
- No one wants to borrow a used mouth guard
- Mouth guard case
- Plastic sandwich bag also works well
- Mouth guard cases should be kept inside a zippered part of your equipment bag. Many times the mouth guard case will pop open and mouth guard is lost
- 1 pair of lacrosse gloves
- Early season outdoor practice and games can be cold
- 3 pack of lacrosse balls
- Girls game balls are yellow but personal balls can be any color
- 1 spare lacrosse stick
- In case current stick is broken or in repair
- Spare stick should be broken in and similar to current stick
- 1 stick bag or backpack
- Most bags can hold all equipment and have room for practice pinny
- A rolled up Hefty trash bag to cover stick bag in rain
US Lacrosse Equipment Fitting Guide
Miscellaneous Girls Equipment Information
- Goalie Equipment is issued to the goalies by the club and returned at the end of the season.
- Lacrosse Gloves are recommended for the early part of our season. Purchase lacrosse, football or baseball gloves with a grip surface… gloves specific to lacrosse may have a thin layer of padding on the back.
- Absolutely no knit, winter-type gloves!
- Lacrosse Sticks: Purchase a women’s lacrosse stick by a good brand such as STX, Brine, Nike, Under Armour or Warrior.
- The minimum stick length is set by 'US Lacrosse rules
- Overall length: 35½” min and 43¼” max
- 1st~6th grade may shortened to accomodate smaller girls
- Most sticks, when purchased are long for our younger players. When the butt of the stick is placed in the player's armpit, the player's fingers should be close to the base of the stick head. If they are too long, the coaches will cut them down at practice.
- Sticks should have grip tape on them. Using trainers' tape, wrap the bottom 6”~8” of the stick. Place a second wrap on the stick about 6"-8" down from the head. These mark the normal hand positions for the player. If you are unsure, the coaches will tape sticks at practices.
- Pocket adjustment. Loosen the “Gripper” strings of the pocket at the bottom of the head. “Gripper” strings are the center strings running parallel to the shaft. A looser pocket helps keep control of the ball while catching and cradling. A legal lacrosse stick pocket is one where by the lacrosse ball just barely clears the top of the side stick side rail. If you are unsure, coaches can adjust pockets at practice.
- When your stick gets muddy, rinse it off at home. Fill a bucket with warm water and dunk the stick a few times. Mud stiffens the pocket and makes it harder to control the ball.
- Keep a roll of athletic tape in your stick bag
- Roll up hefty trash bag with a rubber band and put it in your stick bag. Just in case of rain, it will keep your stuff nice and dry
- Have extra lacrosse balls at home for practice
Where do I get my equipment?
Locally, purchase equipment at Dick's Sporting Goods, Velocity Lacrosse, Laxland, Celtic Lacrosse or Play It Again Sports. On-line equipment suppliers include:
Beginners & Intermediate Players
- STX Crux 100
- STX Exult 200
- Brine Dynasty Rise
- Brine Mantra 2 or Mantra Rise
- STX Exult 300 & 500
- STX Crux 300, 500 & 600
- Brine Amonte 2
- Brine Dynasty Elite
- Brine Mantra Elite
- Under Armor Glory, Regime or Honor
- Under Armor Regime
Message to New Players regarding equipment
In order to keep costs down, we suggest purchasing good used equipment for the beginning player. Purchase your equipment a few months prior to actually needing it as most used equipment becomes no longer available as the season approaches.
Where can I get used equipment?
The “Equipment 4 Sale” tab feature on our website – Check back regularly as items are posted for sale and sold quickly. All transactions are between the buyer and seller. MLC shall not have any responsible interest in the transaction.
- Velocity Lacrosse will sometimes sell used equipment on consignment.
- Play It Again Sports - There are several locations in the vicinity. Click: Play It Again Locations
???QUESTIONS REGARDING EQUIPMENT???? Contact the